Land Of The Fallen Sun
The Gods are the most powerful beigns in the land and the realms. Neither good nor evil, they merely oppose chaos on a cosmic level. The Five Gods are the most important, but there are also minor gods. Each has a domain to call its own in the Celestial Realm.
The primary pantheon of gods is the Five Gods, spirits of the five directions and elements:
- The Azure Dragon, representing Spring and Wood to the East.
- The Vermillion Bird, representing Summer and Fire to the South.
- The White Tiger, representing Autumn and Metal to the West.
- The Black Turtle, representing Winter and Water to the North.
- The Yellow Dragon, representing the Changing Seasons and Earth to the Center.
- There may or may not be a superior being (and thus a sixth god) representing Void and the universe.
Serving the Five Gods are the Twelve Heavenly Generals.
There is also the Witch-Queen, the patron of the Witchbreed. Debate rage at wether she is indeed a goddess or simply a very poweful Witchbreed, if not THE first Witchbreed in all likelyhood. Some think she might be an Oni, others believe she’s the very powerful ghost of a vengeful mother driven mad or an old witch. What she is a complete mystery, as few if any have seen her in the modern age. Only the Witchbreed answer her vague calls and they aren’t telling much about her.